Where in the World is Kyle?

Track Kyle on his Bye-Bye. The map will be updated continually as Kyle discovers more.

View Larger Map

Friday, November 9, 2007

"I gots meself a job!!" and T-Minus 19 days Part Deux

Yep that's right campers, I have finally joined the ranks of the gainfully employed. Hmmmm...maybe I should rephrase that as considering my wages, the total amount of hours I will currently have, and the price of living out here "gainfully" seems like a bit of a stretch. At least employed is accurate. After having nearly lost all hope, in a whirlwind two hours yesterday I nabbed two jobs. First, I will be teaching drama in English once a month to a bunch of adults. Details on that whole thing to follow. For those of you keeping track, yes, this is that crazy job that I interviewed for a couple weeks ago and with which I had no idea what was happening. My other job is at an organic anglophone bakery named Rose Bakery. A big huge thanks goes to Megan Campisi for giving me the lead and more or less the job as when I dropped her name they hired me on the spot. They weren't even going to look at my CV ("resume" to us yanks). So things move forward...

...sort of. Thought I would check up on how good ole Neuf was doing with my internet access. Accordingly to their real time update system I am still 19 days out. A little wierd as I have been recieving all the appropriate information in the mail at the times they said. It wouldn't shock me one bit to find out that their real time updater isn't the least bit accurate. The only question is in which manner is it wrong. Gonna have one of my Francophone buddies help me call them tomorrow to find out what is going on. I will keep everyone updated.

Oh yeah, and as of 5:27 on Friday, no lice.

No comments: