Where in the World is Kyle?

Track Kyle on his Bye-Bye. The map will be updated continually as Kyle discovers more.

View Larger Map

Monday, August 27, 2007

Wierd Thought of the Week

"I should probably put on a shirt to talk to my parents. Oh no, do I need to put pants on too?"

Ok, this thought requires some context. Kyle's parents are in the Land of 1,000.35 Lakes. Kyle is in New York City (see above map). Kyle is in an apartment without central air. New York is hot. New York is hella hot. So, taking into account that all my communication with my parents is via phone, the idea that chatting sans (FRENCH-SPEAK, BOOYAH!) wardrobe is considered quite often and even occurs regularly (sorry folks) shouldn't surprise anyone.

That has all changed now.

In preparation for the months ahead we made our maiden voyage into the world of video chat. Video chatting is the oddest combination of surprisingly cool and also uber-wierd. Something about seeing your parents lounge around in your childhood home while sitting in your own living room is honestly kinda trippy. I'm sure the opposite is also true. Seeing my (no avoiding first-person singular here) ginormous head floating, quasi-disembodied, in my darkened living room must be slightly disturbing, especially when the audio is fractions of a second behind. Anticipating this, as the process of getting all the proper software and hardware installed progressed, we here at KGB-B[lahhg] (ahhh, back to third-person) considered how we could minimize the oddness.

"I should probably put on a shirt to talk to my parents. Oh no, do I need to put pants on too?"

The shirt won. The pants didn't. I just kept the crop tight on the camera.

Sorry folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No comment
Mommy