Where in the World is Kyle?

Track Kyle on his Bye-Bye. The map will be updated continually as Kyle discovers more.

View Larger Map

Sunday, October 21, 2007

And here are those pics I talked about

So it seems like Blogger is accepting pictures today. So now its time to catch up some.

Brought my camera with me to school yesterday so have some goodies for you. First up, the Seine at dawn which I spoke so much about yesterday. Wish the pics were better but I had no tripod, was on the wrong side of the bridge, and was running late for class. Dead center on the horizon you can see the two towers of Notre-Dame. On the left that large structure is Hotel-de-Ville I believe. To your right just some rich peoples places on the Seine. In front you have a Peugot going about 45mph. I’m gonna give it another thwack this next week as I have been enjoying walking to school. I arrive MUCH more awake.


Next up, La Grande Salle. This is our major classroom. All movement, acrobatics, and autocour presentations take place in here. It used to be an old boxing ring. Now seriously, how can you not want to create and play in this room. It’s a little bit less than twice as large as this photo depicts. Lots more room on the left. The second years (seen in black, while first years wear a multitude of dark colors you wont catch a second year out of black – they also all have cool haircuts) were coming in to start and work so I didn’t want to have the camera out.


And here’s the entrance into the school from the back alley. Some fellow Lecoqers can be seen in the foreground. You can see the old “Central” sign above our door. That was the name of the boxing ring.


Who’s Kyle hanging out with? Well here’s the beginning of the cast. Picture was taken at a café just down the street from the school. We were all sitting around wasting time before the afternoon session’s autocours. I’ve become quite taken by French café. Gone are the days of overly polluted coffee. One cube of sugar – that’s it. From left to right we start with the disembodied head. That’s Kate. She’s a Brit from Brighton. Next up smoking the Nicorette nicotine inhaler (she’s trying to quit smoking) is Linda, who is Swiss though she has spent the last two years (at least) in the States and in NYC. Moving along we have Lizze. Another Brit, but from Bath (pronoucend Bahth). Lizzie has been in my autocours group the last two weeks. She has made it her job to remind me periodically how American I am. Don’t worry y’all I’ve thrown her Brit back in face as well. All’s fair in love, war, and international stereotypes. Finally we have a fellow American, Mary. A fellow Northeasterner who like to say she’s from NYC though she actually lives in CT. Obviously, you can probably tell that I have not teased her about this at all.



More pics to come. Requests are taken, so if there is anything you want to see or hear about don’t hesitate to email me.

No comments: