Where in the World is Kyle?

Track Kyle on his Bye-Bye. The map will be updated continually as Kyle discovers more.

View Larger Map

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Exhaustion Kicks In

Today I woke almost more tired than I have ever been in my life. The only time that eclipsed it was that crazy period when I was working the overnight at the Hudson and rehearsing full time during the day. Yep, surviving on nothing more than three hour naps for an entire week is the only thing that could have outdone the feeling of this morning. Uh oh, is Kyle burning the candle at both ends out here? Hah! I wish. The most amazing part of this exhaustion is that it comes after a week of sleeping at least 7 hours every night. A friend who trained out here warned me that the training works in subtle ways. I was the fool who thought that just applied to ones understanding of the work. Nope, it’s pretty subtle in the way it kicks your tail as well. Never even knew it happened, but here I am ready to fall over from exhaustion. My entire body is wasted and sore, and not sore in that “uh no my back is acting up sort of way” but rather in that good old fashion “If I push her anymore sir, she’s gonna blow” way.

And it’s only Wednesday.

I will leave you with a realization I had today. At Syracuse we were taught all the skills necessary to function in the theatrical world. How to act in a modern naturalistic play, song performance, voice/verse training for the classics, and even some of the business elements. Here at Lecoq, you learn what theatre really is, how to sense when it is occurring, and hopefully, how to create it.

One last update...just read my email and I have a job interview tomorrow. Yeah!!

Oh and one final thing - this comment comes from a mistype I just made and erased - can anyone tell me what this symbol means? § Its on the French keyboard. Wierd. Man do I hate hitting shift in order to make a period.

No comments: