Where in the World is Kyle?

Track Kyle on his Bye-Bye. The map will be updated continually as Kyle discovers more.

View Larger Map

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Houston, we have contact!

Half a month and a quarter of a planet later I am back online and kicking. Much has happened in our time apart and I promise to do my best to bring everyone up to date. For right now, as I am still in the process of gathering my thoughts, let's just get the big event out of the way. I've gone Bye-Bye. From now on I can be reached at:

9 av Constant Coquelin, 7 etage
75007 Paris France
Mobile: +33 (0)6 88 04 06 88
Skype: kylewdavies

The only thing I've had time to update so far is the above map. Currently, it only has my place and my school indicated. As I explore and disover more I will continue to add points of interest. So keep a look out.

Finally, I shall leave you with the least of first impressions I made on my first day here.

Day 1 Impressions on Day 6

-Anxiety attacks are fun.
-Air India flies 747’s that are older than everyone reading this page – combined.
-Message to Air India Flight Attendants: DON’T YOU DARE WAKE ME UP TO MAKE ME TAKE YOUR COMPLETELY POINTLESS INFLIGHT BREAKFAST!! AND WHY ARE THE LIGHTS ON FOR ALL BUT 3 HOURS OF THE FLIGHT?!? Some of us, all be it VERY few, aren’t going to Mumbai and we need to sleep in order to deal with jet lag!
-French Customs...what Customs? I just walked right through along with the rest of my flight. There was immigration but only periodic spot check for Customs – much like the New York Subways.
-The levels of jet lag: 1) Exhaustion 2) Headache 3) Exhaustion & Headache 4) Nausea 5) Bad Nausea 6) Every time you close your eyes your body twitches as if you almost went to sleep – because you did 7) Really Bad Nausea 8) Your body just starts twitching whether eyes are open or closed
-Jet Lag BLOWS!!!
-You know you’re in crazy survival mode when you make sure to finish every last bite of your apple because of the thought, "I need the calories. Who knows when the next time will be that I’ll be able to find food that I’ll be able to communicate enough in order to get. Thank god money talks!"
-Yeah, the French really do make the best baguettes in the world, and yeah, they are so good that you could exist solely on eating them...I am right now.
-I have finally found a toilette that has something more annoying in your way than the toilet paper holder armrest (my apartment in New York), and that has less room to sit on than a toilet in the Hudson. It’s my room here...pictures to follow.
-Yo, they weren’t joking when they said things over here are pricey, and I’m used to NYC prices.
-Not having an internet connection in your place SUCKS! [Update: As of 6-Dec, thanks to Browyn, my fantastic neighbor, this is now fixed]

No comments: